I want to introduce a new post-series called 'top 5 stock picks', where I select 5 stocks that I currently believe to be undervalued, and then check on the progress of these stocks over longer time frames. Basically, I believe it will be a fun way to test my models and analysis of stocks.
Remember, I am not a financial advisor.
Here are my top 5 stock picks as of May 24, 2007:
1. Manulife Financial (MFC) = $39.72
2. Lowes Companies (LOW) = $32.06
3. FedEx Corporation (FDX) = $105.92
4. Walgreen Company (WAG) = $44.59
5. Johnson & Johnson (JNJ) = $63.52
I may elaborate on why I like these stocks right now, and why I believe they are cheap going forward, in future posts in the series.