Sun Life Financial (SLF) announced their third quarter earnings today. Here are some highlights:
- Earnings per share were up 9%, excluding the impact of currency, earnings would have been up 13% over Q3 of 2006.
- Return on Equity was 14.8% for the quarter.
- Sun Life launched their new advertising campaign describing the role SLF play in the lives of 1 in 5 Canadians.
- Segregated fund sales in Canada increased by 75%.
- Birla Sun Life, Sun Life's India division saw sales increase 177%; while in China Everbright's sales were up 162%.
- Sun Life's CEO Donald Stewart was awarded International Executive of the Year by the Canadian Chamber of Commerce.
- SLF's pay out ratio sat at 33%, while they paid $193 in dividends to shareholders, like me.
The stock is up about 3% to around $54.35, today in afternoon trading.