Over the moneygardener's brief 8 month history I have written about several money-related topics, not limited to stocks, dividends, personal finance, net worth, saving money, consumerism, and energy use. I am expecting 2008 will be a great, first-full year for the moneygardener.
Below are the top 10 reasons why 2008 will be a breakthrough year for the moneygardener:
10. My wife is on maternity-leave as of Dec. 1, 2007, so now as much as ever we'll really need to be smart with our finances, allowing for a focus on frugality.. (is that a word?)
9. I am currently reading 'The Four Pillars of Investing' by William Berstein. Next, I plan to read several more personal finance and investing books to be pondered, and discussed. I also might talk about some strengths, weaknesses, and good ideas from the books I've already read.
8. We have a new little member of the family on the way any day now...this should provide for many financial related adventures that could turn into posts...
7. One word, sub-prime.
6. Without giving anything away....there could be some more give-aways this year! (whoops I guess that was a bit of an oxymoron).
5. Non-Registered Portfolio as well as Net Worth updates should start getting more interesting as we've built a good base to work from in 2007...
4. Our goals are all set, now we just need to work toward them, how will we do...?
3. I'll welcome at least one Guest Poster early in 2008.
2. I'm going to start profiling more dividend paying stocks, and introduce some new names that you don't hear much about. I only buy a stock if it is trading at reasonable value or preferably less than that....I'll always give you the details on my version of value....
1. I received a great new office chair for Christmas....very comfy indeed!