A 'record' high net worth!
- Debt/Asset ratio fell to 0.50 (we officially have $1 of assets for every $0.50 of debt)
- Net Worth moved up 6.5%
- Total Assets increased 2.6%
- Total Liabilities decreased 1.0%
- House Value/Total Assets fell to 69.9%
- Non-Registered Portfolio rose 13.9%
Calendar Year to Date Gain/Loss: +14.0%
Well, we sprung back nicely from our last report on July 15, which was ugly and revealed our first net worth decline ever. It just so happens that July 15 was actually a 52 week low for the S&P 500 index, so it's easy to see that the market helped us rebound. Having a greater affect than the market though, was the appreciation of the U.S. dollar. The Loonie was dead even with the Greenback on July 15, and it now sits at $0.94 USD. This gave a serious boost to our non-registered portfolio which is about 35% U.S. equities. I am pleased with our year to date percentage change of 14%, during a year of poor stock markets and reduced employment income.
Nevertheless, it feels good to be headed in the right direction again.