Despite the decisiveness of most on this issue though, it is an interesting discussion to have with friends, colleagues, and relatives. How has this all affected you?
Losing your job is very unfortunate, and for those who have been affected I wish them luck and success in the future. I've seen countless examples of where the recession is really hurting on the news; but where is it hurting locally and in the lives of those around me? Well...
- Of all the folks that I know, I am aware of one person who has been laid off recently
- Personally, my investments have been hammered beyond belief, and I'm sure I'm not alone on this
On the other hand:
- I know a few small business owners who are reporting business as usual
- In minus fifteen degree weather I still can't get a parking spot at local malls
- An 'edible arrangements' business just opened up in my area
- Real estate still seems to be on the expensive side
Right now I do feel like there is a chasm between what appears to be going on in the world and what is actually happening locally and to those that I know personally. Is anyone noticing the same thing?