Net worth results for the 2 Months Ended May 15, 2009:
- Debt/Asset ratio dropped to 0.51 from 0.56
- Net Worth jumped up 18.9% (to a record high)
- Total Assets rose 5.9% (to a record high)
- Total Liabilities shrunk by 4.3%
- House Value/Total Assets fell to 66.4% (a record low)
- Non-Registered Portfolio grew 20.5%
Calendar Year to Date Gain/Loss: +10.6%
2008 Fiscal Year Gain/Loss: +4.6%
This was by far our largest bi-monthly net worth gain ever. It feels good to be up this much after several months of weak net worth changes. The markets were in a deep hole in mid March and have climbed out of that hole to much higher levels today. We have also paid off about $5,700 of debt over the past 60 days.
Fiscal 2008 was extremely weak, as we grew our net worth by only +4.6%. This is completely attributed to the weakness in the stock market. The markets are down by 38% over the period. So against that headwind, I'll consider that not half bad.
We'll continue to do what we can on the savings front and either invest the money or pay down debt, depending on the level of the stock market. I don't claim to know where the market is going but lately I have felt it appropriate to pay down debt instead of investing at these levels.