Net worth results for the 2 Months Ended May 15, 2010:
- Debt/Asset ratio dropped to 0.46 from 0.44 (a record low)
- Net Worth rose 3.3% (to a record high)
- Total Assets rose 0.6% (to a record high)
- Total Liabilities shrunk by 2.6%
- House Value/Total Assets fell to 58.9% (a record low)
- Non-Registered Portfolio grew 4.5% (to a record high)
*note results may not make sense with my last report as I revalued our home to a recently appraised value.
2010 Calendar Year to Date Gain/Loss: +8.8%
2009 Fiscal Year Gain/Loss: +29.1%
So now it has been 4 full years since I started tracking our net worth and we have come a long way. Here are our net worth increases through the years:
2006 = 96.8%
2007 = 39.9%
2008 = 4.8% (the markets crashed but we still managed to eek out a gain)
2009 = 29.1%
This brings us to today where our all of our metrics are sitting at record levels with the exception of our liabilities which are only $3,000 from a record level. The single metric that I probably pay the most attention to is our debt/asset ratio which started out at a whopping 0.77 in 2006 and now sits at 0.44. Our debt is now at a very manageable level when compared to our assets and incomes, which is a good feeling. Going forward we will be putting even greater emphasis on growing assets and less emphasis on reducing debt as we reduce our mortgage payments and continue to invest a good deal of our savings.